Monday, March 17, 2008

Mom trashed the van



So my beautiful, wonderful, fancy van got a boo-boo. This past Monday I was running an errand, was a bit distracted from just helping a woman in an unfortunate situation, and had been in the car with the kids a bit longer than anticipated. KP and BL had both zonked but Chubbs was DONE being in the car and was being a bit fussy. I was trying to soothe him while turning into the garage and boom! I hit the doorjam of the garage and the storm drain pipe. Out of first instinct I backed up only to realize I was entangled with my house. I stopped and got out to inspect the damage. I got Chubbs out of his carseat and in his words "Mommy Crash Car". Oh Brother! But at least it gave me something to smile about. The front bumper was scratched and pulled back off the car but I bearly missed the light and the front fender (THANKFULLY). I thought for sure we were going to have to replace the whole thing. So Stephen arrived home and the first thing Chubbs says really excitedly is "Daddy, Mommy vroom crash car!" Thanks a lot buddy. But I am so blessed because my husband is so wonderful and he was able to disentangle me from the house and push the bumper back into place. It doesn't look very pretty but it's functional and we can live with it like this for a little while at least.

3 comments:

D said...

Glad it wasn't anything major. A scratch is disappointing though too. We just got a new to us Van on Saturday and it is my biggest fear at the moment that I will put a scratch on it. All yesterday while my husband was driving it he kept giving me "pointers." You have to swing wide when parking- remember this is a wider vehicle than your old car.... So I better not put any scratches on it for at least a few months. :) Just for my own pride. It would be best if he put the first scratch on it. :)

Sabrina O'Malley said...

I was so glad to read your comment on our blog. I will read it to CG tonight. It was also fun to learn that Ben got married (Kaitlyn's picture). We miss your whole family and hope everyone is doing great.

Restless Mom said...

love that your son outed you! hey, it's not so bad. :)