Sunday, February 20, 2011

For the record...

for my 33rd Birthday, I envisioned a quiet, normal day. Wednesdays, my older 2 are at school so things are a bit calmer here. Especially when Matthew takes a nap.

I imagined even getting some scrapbooking done, and doing minimal housework or "chores" since after all it WAS my birthday.

Then that night (while Stephen was away at church youth group) I'd arranged to secretly have a friend come over and "help" me make Stephen some pajama pants for Valentines Day as a surprise. The surprise is the fact that I don't really know how to sew, but I'm trying to learn.

So I wasn't the happiest camper when SNOW, SNOW, SNOW canceled school and turned my birthday into an all-day "mommy do for me" day. I felt like an activity director on a cruise line! When my kids are home ALL DAY LONG it's a long day of work for me. I LOVE my kids, I do, but can I have a do-over?

And then, because of the weather, I had to cancel my evening activities as well and had to give Stephen an IOU for valentines day instead of the real completed item. He understood. But I'm still going to complain about it.

No comments: