Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Suprise Honey!

I am so good and proud of myself.  I totally pulled off a surprise kidnapping of my husband.

When Mom McKneely was in town helping me sew curtains for my home we concocted a plan to take Stephen away for a weekend to celebrate our anniversary and have the 4 "Bedlamites" stay with them.

I really wanted to go here:
 

And so I found a B&B not too far from College Station and Houston.  I secretly worked with Stephen's co-workers to "fill his schedule" with things he could miss.  Mom McKneely had been in Dallas following Clara's first birthday party and we were her ride home.  We arrived at Stephen's work around lunchtime.  I called him and he was at his desk.  I explained to him that the people in his office knew that I was there and that he was to come with me.  That Mom and Dad were watching the kids and we were going away for the weekend.  I had to repeat myself and he said, "OK."  His co-workers instructed him to turn off his computer and come with me.

What was beautiful was that just 2 nights earlier he was complaining to me that he was really wanting to start taking half day Fridays but that someone had booked up his afternoon on Friday.  I was so grateful I was sitting in front of him at the time with my back to him so he couldn't see the HUGE smile on my face, this was exactly what we needed.

Our retreat was a house we had all to ourselves in the country.  It was quiet and secluded and didn't have internet access. =)  We slept and watched movies and just RESTED.  And we went to the Temple.  We hadn't been recently and it was good to go.  I ran into Hermana Daisey Reyes who was a member in my area in Spring.  I remember eating pupusas at her house, YUM!

And then when we stopped for Stephen to change we ran into the sweet Neri family who I grew to love dearly when I served in Conroe, their nephew is about to enter the MTC in a few weeks to serve his own stateside Spanish Speaking mission in California so things kind of come full circle!

No comments: