Monday, November 24, 2014

Saturday in Boston


Saturday morning Stephen and I need to figure out how to get me home early.  I can’t imagine him taking all 4 kids alone on a flight.  That is my biggest hesitation about going home early.  I know that staying with the kids until Wednesday is doable for him, his whole family is with us and they will help, my kids can be troopers, but getting them all through security etc.  I would NEVER attempt that on my own and I feign to ask Stephen to do it.

I’m also attempting to help dad get in touch with Hilton to let them know that mom won’t be at work that day.  That was the first of many hard phone calls.  I am able to get through, check it off the list.

While I’m doing that, Stephen is having a family meeting telling the kids about how I need to be able to go home but that I don’t want to leave dad with such a big job.  They all agree to work together and be extra good.

I will stay for the wedding (Sunday) and leave Monday morning.  I make arrangements to change my flight to come earlier.  Some sweet friends, the Teson’s offered up airline miles to fly our whole family home early if needed.  They tell us that their children are praying for their sweet friends. (Even now this makes me cry, the entire community opened up to us, it was overwhelming the support we got).

Saturday is a blur.  We meet up with the rest of the McKneelys at the Museum of Nature and Science.  There is a crazy show about electricity.  We leave from there to go on the infamous Duck Tour.  As long as we're going I'm holding it together pretty well, but when we stop, I'm crying a lot.

My kids are sensitive to my grief, and are quick to give me hugs when they see me feeling sad.  I feel like their my little angels, they offer me so much comfort.

No comments: