Sunday, May 10, 2015

Grandma's first Birthday in Heaven

January 29th
 
Mom's 60th birthday
 
I'd heard of this idea that we each tie a message or write a message on some balloons.
 
So we solicited notes from everyone and attached them to balloons in her favorite color,
 
And gathered at her grave.  We wanted everyone to have their own balloon but it was SOOOOO windy that day and they all got tangled into a mass.  So we held the mass together and let them go.
 








Then something amazing happened.  On the way home, my children looked out the window and saw a RAINBOW!  It wasn't raining that day, but they saw a small rainbow.  Rainbows have been her thing as we saw a double one the afternoon of her funeral, and upon seeing this rainbow, they said, "It's grandma!  She got our balloons with our notes and is saying thank you!"

And I also wanted to include the sweet note my dad put on his balloon:

 
Happy Birthday Deon, my eternal main squeeze!
 
I hope you were able to see these beautiful balloons as they floated softly to the heavens. Maybe as they slipped from our view the angels parted the veil just enough them to slip through so you could catch each one and read their message.
 
We all miss you so very much, but no one more than me. How I treasure our 37 plus years together and all our vicissitudes of life. (I know how you never like that word) Well these last 8 months have been the greatest vicissitude of all for both of us,
 
And yet I finally have peace that it was your time to graduate from mortality and now you are on to the heavenly universities of higher learning!
How exciting and challenging your new post-mortal life must be! I am certain you are working with and teaching other women spirits who need your special love and nurturing. You have such tremendous gifts that Heavenly Father is now utilizing. 
 
And I know you look in on me and our family often and just as we are praying for you we know and feel the special power of your prayers for us. We feel the blessings they bring each day.
 
Do they celebrate mortal birthdays in the spirit world or just the moment you pass through the veil? How "time" is measured there is one of my great wonders.  In the bible we read that a day with
the Lord is as a thousand years for us here. So even if I live to 90 years old it may seem only a very short while to you that we were apart.
 
But for me it will seem so very long. But with the Lord's blessing and help I will endure and strive to be true and faithful to our binding temple covenants that seal us to each other for eternity and also seal our precious children to us and to God.  What comfort the knowledge provided in the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings during all the vicissitudes.
 
Happy birthday, my dear eternal companion. I love you forever!
 
Don

No comments: