Saturday, December 24, 2016

November 2016--week 2

I woke up on Monday morning, I had a hundred things to do, but I had an incredible urge to spend the day "ministering" to people. One of my mom's best friend had been having a rough time.  She'd had some health problems that had her in and out of the hospital, and her daughter had given birth to a stillborn baby.  I decided that she needed a visit so I went.  When I arrived she and I cried together and visited for a couple hours.  She told me that she knew that if my mom had been able to, that she would have visited her.  I felt like I was sent by her to visit her friend.

After school, my kids and I made a couple more visits.  The first was to my visiting teaching companion, Edith Juaneh, who was celebrating a birthday and we took her flowers and sang to her.  I'm sure it made her day!

Then we went to visit a sweet friend from church, Irene, who was celebrating a birthday.  We took her flowers and sang her our famous birthday song while dancing.  It was awesome.  What was even more awesome was that Irene passed away just a few weeks later, the day after Thanksgiving.  I'm so grateful we did this.


Then, on the way home from the nursing home where Irene lives, it had begun to rain and we looked out the window and saw a rainbow.  We see rainbows often when my mom wants to send a message to us.  We were sure it was her way of saying we'd done what she wanted that day.  Tears flowed.



No comments: