Tuesday, May 23, 2017

General Conference April 2017

A precious story worth telling.

Two important points to make as a backdrop.

1.  Lindsey at our Tithing Settlement with our Bishop this past December, when our Bishop asked if there was anything he could do for us, Lindsey courageously responded, "I've had this question for awhile.  I listened through last conference for an answer and I've thought about it a lot and I just don't have an answer.  How do I know if it's the Holy Ghost, or just my thoughts?"  WOW!  Deep question.  Stephen and I didn't realize she'd been searching and pondering that question.  We were thrilled she felt like she could ask the Bishop the question.

2.  Every time a General Conference comes around, as a family we make a list of topics or questions we hope will be answered or talked about in Conference.  In October 2016 Lindsey had brought up this question, and once again she included it on our list.

So then we began listening to General Conference, and sure enough, Elder Ronald Rasband began to answer her question in his talk entitled "Let the Holy Spirit Guide".  Sam was the first to vocalize it, and he nudged Lindsey and told her he was answering her question.  Lindsey was already listening.  Stephen then said that she should write to him, which I had also had the idea.

And this sweet poster is what she drew while listening--we were thrilled for her.  What a special experience to have a question answered so clearly in General Conference!

1.       Then practically the next talk was Elder Stevenson who began to talk to the primary children and especially those who were getting ready to be baptized.  Guess what Matthew’s question was?  How do I prepare to be baptized? It was an amazing experience

No comments: