Tuesday, November 14, 2017

MCO takes SLC!

This little songbird and I are getting away for a girls trip AND to go sing our hearts out to Salt Lake City on tour with Millennial Choirs and Orchestras (MCO)

We arrived in UT and our FIRST stop was some grub at Cafe Rio and to meet our favorite Aunt Sarah and Uncle Alex for dinner!




Day 1 of tour began bright and early with a rehearsal in the Assembly Hall but first we snapped this pic in front of the SLC Temple!



This is our choir, all 1200 of us on tour--split us into casts for recording and performing--WOW!

Day 2 was more recording at the Libby Gardner Concert Hall on the University of Utah campus.  We braved public transportation taking the train up there.  Later that evening we had our first set of concerts in the Historic Tabernacle.  We had stopped in for a visit to the Public Affairs offices in the Joseph Smith Building and were lucky to get dressed and ready there in their bathrooms.  It helps to know people.  That evening we were thrilled to have Angela Neilsen (mission companion) and Aunt Cheryl and her family attend the concert.  They were amazed!  So fun! 

Kaitlyn and I had to see what all the rage was with this place called "Swig" that specializes in sugar cookies with frosting and fun sodas--pretty yummy if you're looking for a sugar rush. 

Kaitlyn and I ready for our concert.  
Yes, I did sit in those seats, sang in the Tabernacle with those amazing pipes behind me--pinch me!


Day after tour, SO TIRED and "Sung-over".  But not too tired for a day of shopping with Aunt Sarah for school clothes for this cute girl.  She and I made out like bandits!  Then we met Uncle Alex and a friend at In & Out for lunch.


And met up a favorite cousin Laura for ice cream

On Sunday morning our group had reserved seating at the Conference Center for Music and the Spoken Word.

Then we spent some time on Temple Square with one of my roommates, Stephanie Slack and her sweet family.  Took the quick walk up to Ensign Peak to see the whole valley.


I wasn't able to take any photos of Kaitlyn singing in the Tabernacle so we went back on Sunday and I snapped this photo of her standing where she had stood the night before in the aisle during the concert.  How many 13 year old girls can say they've sung in the Tabernacle?



We had the BEST hosts while in UT, we stayed with my cousin Candace and her sweet family, husband Fernando and daughters Olivia and Kate.  Kaitlyn got very attached and cried when she had to leave them.

Also, not pictured but I was able to spend a lot of time with Candace's parents, Aunt Lois and Uncle Brian who I love a whole lot.  Candace even hosted a wonderful BBQ so I could see a couple more cousins, Jessica and Theresa.

All in all a wonderful trip.  A highlight was singing "Come Come ye Saints" in the Tabernacle.  I'll never forget how it felt!  Or how hot it was in there in June while singing.



No comments: