Thursday, September 24, 2009

An "BRIEF" Story

So Sam is not potty trained for #2 yet. We've been working on it but he's just not ready. We've tried EVERYTHING but he's just going to do it when he decides he wants to. We've even been wavering a bit on going #1, which he so can handle so for the last week or so we're back in a focused plan getting at least #1 mastered and hoping that we'll get #2 eventually. We're saving $$ on diapers and I'm practicing patience.

So we're into day #3 of focused intensity potty training. Sam has a diarrhea type diaper. (what timing right?) I'm rinsing it out in the toilet when I start to wretch and dry heave. I flush the toilet to get the smell gone and I accidentally let go of the underwear. Shwoop! They're sucked down the toilet. Sam's favorite Red Diego Underpants are in the toilet plumbing. I tried to reach down with my hand but their further than I can reach. So that's totally a Stephen job to tackle when he gets home.

I do have the forethought to try and rummage up a snake (plumbing tool not an animal) from a friend to assist my tired and handy husband later that evening.

Stephen gets home from work, Sam's at the dinner table and he announces, (complete with hand motions by the way--hands open and in front of him enphatically punctuating his statement) "Dad, something really bad happened today. My Diego underpants got sucked down the toilet. But we got a snake so you can go get them out."

Needless to say the pants were not so far into the plumbing and with some elbow grease (thanks hon!) and a plunger we were able to flush them out of the system. We then checked the other water appliances further down the water line of the house and so far so good.

But now Sam is in mourning that he can't have his pants back--we haven't explained to him that he really wouldn't want them back at this point. I've assured him that there are no animals under our house that will get them, and I'm sure that they'll bring a smile to the sanitation worker who finds them.

1 comment:

MomDadLewis said...

Thanks for not posting any photos attached to this story.