Monday, March 22, 2010

HOLY COW!! A March baby!!

So a pregnancy development happened this morning.

I've been having a low platelet count during this pregnancy (never had it before) and they've been monitoring it regularly for the last few months as it's been getting lower and lower. It should be at about 150 and as of last Monday (March 15th) it was at 101. My Dr. says that if it dropped below 100 we would start steroids to help but that other than that there wasn't much to be done.

I asked the nurse if we shouldn't just move up my induction because if my count dropped into the 80s then it would be questionable if I could have an epidural due to the risk of bleeding into my spinal chord (scary!!) Her response was, "Well you're due date is the 25th....." WHAT?!?! My due date has been the 31st.

I originally THOUGHT my due date should be earlier but the early ultrasound (or so I was told) showed more like the 31st and they said it would stick. Based on that date we had chosen April 7th for an induction (I've been induced every time but would love to go into labor on my own and my doctor will only ever let me go a week over to try and let my body do the natural thing) but if my due date was really supposed to be March 25th all along......AND my platelets are low.....

My Doctor agrees, an induction on Thursday MARCH 25th is the WAY TO GO!
Lots to do before then....wish us luck!!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

How exciting. I know the end of my pregnancies always test my patience. What great news to have your due date moved up, and just when you think it is never going to end! Good luck, can't wait to hear all about it!