Sunday, March 14, 2010

Smarty Pants

My Lindsey is such a smarty pants!!

She recently has started counting, and can go more than 10--WHERE DID SHE PICK THAT UP?!?!

And last Saturday Stephen was mowing the lawn. She was DESPERATE to go in the backyard to be with him but he didn't want her out there. I tried to console her by letting her watch from the window but she continued to cry and carry on. After just a few minutes I hear the pitter patter of her little feet running through the kitchen, down the hallway, out the laundry room door into the garage. I watch her little head run past the window in the study (where I'm at the computer) and realize she's headed around to through the gate to be with her favorite buddy! If you can't beat 'em, join 'em right? I loaded up the rest of the kids and we went out to play on the playset (supervised) while dad finished his mowing.

Then this past week, all in the same day mind you, she learned how to turn doorknobs and turn on the faucets in the bathroom sinks. A WHOLE NEW WORLD has opened up to her and a whole new line of Lindsey messes have begun for me!

This girl is such a wild child but she brings us so much joy! She is almost always happy, mild tempered, and go with the flow! We're so glad she's part of us!!

No comments: