Monday, June 21, 2010

Fathers Day 2010

I was lucky enough to spend my fathers day with 2 of the best fathers I know: my own and my husband.

The morning started off making Stephen is FAVORITE breakfast--Homemade Cinnamon Rolls from scratch. Of course I had lots of help:
and for your information, YES the mis-matched dress-up shoes and jewelery ARE a necessity. This is one of Lindsey's FAVORITE spots in the house. "What making Mom?" is something I hear (along with the pitter patter of her feet) when my mixer starts whirring.

Then just when they were about to come out of the oven, Dad emerged from his morning of rest to the bombardment of cards, loves and even an impromptu concert from our older 2 as they gave him a preview of the performance they'd give later in sacrament meeting. They were so cute, they went up in front of the TV with Dad sitting on the couch, they stood side by side and began to sing. Then Lindsey,who doesn't know the songs yet,but who isn't one to be left out, ran over to join them. Don't you just love fathers day?!?! Someday we'll miss Father's Day's like this.

Then after church we headed over to dinner and a relaxing evening with my Dad. I wouldn't have done anything different! I am so blessed! I was raised by a man who is honest, hard working, funny, a romantic who has always adored and honored my mom, and who has a solid testimony of our Savior and His gospel and he worked hard to teach it to his children.

And I married a man who loves the Lord and serves Him diligently, who works hard to support his family, who is involved with his kids and loves and cares for me.

Happy Fathers Day! The world needs more like these 2 that's for sure!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

We are living the same life! I even have a son named Samuel (he'll be 7 in 3 weeks) and my husband's name is Matthew. We both also had a baby boy in March 2010, the fourth for both of us.

Thanks for inviting me...I'll be back. I have a blog too, I'll send you an invite...I'll check facebook for your email address.

Rebecca Huffaker