Saturday, October 15, 2011

Busy, busy, busy!

I am the Director of Public Affairs for the Allen Texas Stake. I LOVE IT!!

What this means is I work with a committee to plan events, often service oriented, targeted at helping the general public and people of prominence have an accurate understanding of our church and what it's core beliefs are.

So this year we've been asked to plan a "Day of Service" to celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Church Welfare program. My local church leaders have a vision of 1000 people from our local congregations serving on Saturday October 22nd.

This means, I've been working for the past 3 months or so having meetings with our contacts within the community to find projects for 1000 people to do. I've spent countless hours on the computer and phone and in meetings trying to work this all out.

The day dawned early, Stephen was gone for Boy Scout wood badge training which meant I had to farm out my kids to a good friend--who really was superb because she got all 4 of my kids, including Matthew for 6 hours.

Then I drove around from project to project taking photos and seeing how things went. I'm happy to report that everywhere I went I saw members of my church hard at work serving. It made me so proud to be a member of my church!!

BY THE NUMBERS:

1,260 people
5,070 hours of service
94 projects

equals ONE TIRED (but happy) GAL

No comments: