Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lindsey's Firsts

Lindsey has had A LOT going on lately.

As a combination Birthday and Christmas present from Grandma and Grandpa McKneely--she got a Hermit Crab! This is a big deal as it's our family's first ever pet. She was pretty funny about getting it too. Right after we went ice skating with our McKneely relatives, she rode home with Grandma and Grandpa and happened to stop by the pet store.

She knew nothing about the surprise, only that she was going to go shopping for it with them when they got here. When she heard that it was a "pet" she was VERY HESITANT--"Mom doesn't let us have pets." "Does my mom know about this?" "Are you sure my mom said I could have a pet?"--apparently she was very unsure about the whole thing instead of being excited like we thought she would.

Katie the Hermit Crab was larger than mom imagined but has turned out to be very low maintenance and at this point kind of anti-climatic. It is winter time and they like to be warm so all it does is burrow itself into it's home and try and stay warm. He hasn't been much fun yet, but we're hoping that will turn around. But I have heard her say, "Mom, it's fun to have a pet."

The OTHER "first" for Lindsey is she has started Preschool! The above photo is of her on her first day--in her self selected ensemble! She was very proud of her backpack and stowed her own lunch in it. She has LOVED going the two mornings a week and her teachers tell me they wish they had a classroom full of Lindseys!
Her first day was pretty un-eventful. She told me a few mornings before that she would miss me while at preschool but that she knew I would come to get her. Then the morning of, she informed me that as soon as we got into the classroom I could just leave (the norm around here is that I don't leave them on a first day of something until they feel good and safe and then they tell me it's okay for me to go). This little confident gal was so sure she'd be fine, and she totally was! I ADORE HER!

No comments: