Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Years with the McKneelys

We hosted the McKneelys over the New Years weekend, we had a GREAT TIME!!

Everyone arrived on Friday just after lunch and we headed out the door to go ice skating!
Our kids had been asking all vacation for us to take them, but we did the math and knew that we didn't have enough adults to help our kids learn how to ice skate. So we waited for our company to come in town because then we'd have enough helpers for our little skaters. (one of my New Years resolutions is to get out from behind the camera and be in more pictures--here is proof!)

I have to say I'm really proud of my little skaters, of course they were hesitant at first and scared to fall down. They clung to the edge but with time their confidence grew and both Sam and Kaitlyn were able to skate independently! They were so excited.
And I think Lindsey's favorite thing (apart from taking breaks from the ice to be with Grandpa McKneely) was going in front of Dad on the ice and leaning back and just letting him push her and go REALLY FAST! My little thrill seeker!

Then that evening was spent having Christmas Part 2 as we had waited to open presents from each other until we could be together. It was a great time, and gave my children another round of toys--just when they were tiring of their first set of Christmas gifts.


Then, the next day was a sacred experience for our family. We spent the day at the Dallas Temple where we did the temple work for Stephen's grandparents. It's hard to put to words the feelings and emotions that accompanied us this day. I hope I never forget it. I am so grateful for my family, and for my knowledge that families REALLY ARE forever.

Then the evening was filled with all the culinary preparations for our traditional won tons and egg rolls, cheese dip and other munchies.

No comments: