Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mid March

So it's mid march.....
Here's the "haps" this week:

We bought a truck.We've been looking at getting one for awhile. Stephen's always wanted one, and with his assignment at church as a scoutmaster, his troop is growing and the past two camp outs he's had to take the van, which has come home dirtier than it left, and it left me stranded without a car so I 100% supported this decision for sure! Our friends were selling their truck and so we got this guy. It won't get used a lot, but will really come in handy!

We got a lot of rain--a true Texas Thunderstorm! I loved it and slept like a baby! We've prayed for rain because we're in a severe drought, I hope it rains more.

Just after it stopped we (Lindsey, Matthew and I) to go have lunch with Sam. Lindsey was dressed in her rain boots & rain coat and went outside to find puddles. I got Matthew ready and sent him out after. I took just a minute to get my socks and boots on too. When I went out to get them in the car, I found Matthew, up to his knees in the drainage channel between our house and our neighbors house! Lovely!

I took him in and changed him, when we pulled up to the school I noticed that Lindsey too was wet up to her knees and her boots were full of water!

Then later that afternoon, most of the water had drained off, but Matthew once again found the puddles and played....I had to take off his pants and socks and shoes again, and I thought, what the hey, let him be two (almost).

No comments: