Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Ohio & Niagara Falls (day 5&6)

 We left Nauvoo late and drove into the night until I couldn't drive anymore.  I saw 3 semi-trucks for the Kenney Chesney tour somewhere outside of Chicago (cool!), and I listened to all 3 Michael Buble albums to keep me awake.

We stopped somewhere to sleep a few hours and then hit the road again, arriving in N. Canton late afternoon.

Here we would be meeting up with the Lewis' for a bit of a reunion.  Everyone but my sister, Pearl, was able to make it.  What a good time we had together.

Sam was super excited to be seeing his ONLY BOY COUSIN Grant, who is just a few weeks older than him.  The kids were glad to be out of the car.  They donned their swimming suits and we had a BBQ and smores.

Stephen got some rest and was doing much better.  The children played on these power wheel toys, and we got a glimpse of what Lindsey will be like when she's allowed to drive (which we've decided is probably 21 when she can insure herself.)  My SIL Laura and I went for a nice run.





 After lunch and a small birthday celebration for my DAD (pictured below with ALL his grandchildren and then with me and mine), we got in the car to head to Niagara Falls......



 NIAGARA FALLS!!

Some crazy guy was walking a tight rope as we were there--it was amazing!  Our family photo was funny.  Lindsey was crying (hair pulled I think) and was inconsolable.  She wouldn't smile for the photo and so we all opened our mouths to make the photo look less akward--what do you think?

And instead of a boat ride we thought the kids would enjoy the "Cave of the Winds" instead and got these dorky looking shoes, put on ponchos, and rode an elevator to the bottom of the falls where there is a series of stairs and platforms that let you get soaked and see the waterfalls from a different angle.  Our kids thought it was cool!  At first Sam was a bit nervous about the wettest platform but once he did it, he wanted to go back.  Matthew wasn't too thrilled with it and I ended up carrying him A LOT that day.

No comments: