Sunday, March 3, 2013

JustServe


Something exciting is starting in Dallas.  My church is sponsoring a new service based website called "JustServe" (www.JustServe.org)

It links organizations, cities, agencies who NEED volunteer service with people, classes, groups, families who WANT to serve.

It's brilliant and inspired. 

It's also been a lot of work.  In my assignment at church I've been charged with getting the ball rolling for my Stake and for the Dallas area.  This has become a part-time job and I've become something of the area expert for this.

But it's also been so much fun.  I've had brilliant experiences building relationships with community partners and leaders.  Our reception has been incredibly positive by our partners.  I feel that this is another sign of the hastening of the work and we get to be involved in it.

Our FIRST partner and project was making blankets with The Joyful Foundation.  This event with a breast cancer theme, was already in the works on behalf of my good friend Leigh Anne who is battling her own breast cancer fight but also for Allie Arnett who lost her battle last year.

I asked Jenn Meldrum and the Joyful Foundation to be my guinnea pig with posting projects and I sat and let people register for this activity.

No comments: