Sunday, April 7, 2013

February in a post....

I am super busy with JustServe, it takes much more time than I imagined but I'm really enjoying the work.  My kids sometimes are enjoying a busy and distracted mom, see?
Despite putting "update the blog" on the "to-do" list each day, it has been rolled to the next day for WEEKS!  So here is an attempt to catch up the month of February in ONE post.  Here are the highlights:

Valentines Day Lindsey lost her FIRST TOOTH!
This was a REALLY big deal because her big brother Sam has still not lost any teeth.  I pulled it at bedtime and then we stayed up a bit late calling grandparents and taking this photo so that I could post it on Facebook so that her preschool teacher, Ms. Kim, could see it:

Breakfast in Bed:
One Saturday morning Stephen and I were treated to breakfast in bed made by this crew!



Sure Stephen's cereal was quite soggy by the time it got back to us, Lindsey came in to get his drink order and he asked for freshly squeezed orange juice.  She replied,"No, your choices are milk or water."  Funny girl.  Then after we were served, Sam informed us that we needed to relax that he and Kaitlyn would make sure the younger two got breakfast.  We really could get used to this!

Silly Dress-up episodes:
Lindsey was a tad over the top with her "H" day dress up:

Hat, Headband, Hearts on her wrist, shirt, pants, socks and shoes--she came up with this on her own and was THRILLED to go to school this way.
Imagine me, in my double wide blue jogging stroller with these two furry creatures on the walk to school.  They got a lot of smiles and attention, and I thought it was GREAT!
We'd taken a long weekend trip to Grandparents McKneely.  We helped them with yard work, got rained out trying to go St. Thomas, and of course DRESSED UP!

Morning Scripture Study:
This is something I'm rather proud of.  We're in a really good groove with our morning family scripture study.  Each morning before Stephen leaves for work we pull our groggy kids out of bed so we can read and teach them from the scriptures.  We're almost done with the Book of Mormon and are pretty proud of ourselves.  Another reason I love this shot is that each kid has their fleece blanket and it reminds me of my years of early morning seminary when kids would come in their pajamas and blankets.  I hear that's not allowed anymore so someday they'll have to break the habit!


No comments: