Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Bike Rider

This is my view many mornings these days.  It's Matthew who jumped from tricycle to two wheeler WITHOUT TRAINING WHEELS!

He would just make a loop down our street to the corner, cross the street, come down the other side to the Glasers and cross again.  Round and around.  Then he could go the whole street.  Then we started venturing out.  Many mornings a week he'd ride and I'd run behind him.  It was SO good for both of us.

Jump starting my exercise routine again helped me to break through some of my grief, and lose some of the weight I'd put on with emotionally eating.

Matthew was really proud of himself too.  He's amazing.

Funny story.  On a morning like the one pictured above he was riding his bike up to the time we left for preschool.  I told him to put up his helmet while I grabbed his backpack.

I drove him all the way to school, took him into the school and when I came out to get back in the van, this is what I saw.....

Silly boy, he thought he was so clever with his version of "away".

No comments: