Sunday, January 10, 2016

One Year

May 23, 2015 1:06 pm

This picture was taken one year to the minute that my mom was killed in an accident at this intersection.  Stacey Road and Lost Creek Ranch on the border of Allen and Fairview Texas.

This is the entrance into my neighborhood.

They say the first year is the hardest.  "They" were right.

But I made it.  Good days, bad days, days when tears just came for no reason, days when I missed her more than I can express, days when I wish she were still here so that we wouldn't have to deal with things we're dealing with.

But I am stronger for it.  My knowledge of my Savior is deeper, my testimony of His Atonement is more full.  I can even say I'm grateful for what I've been through.

Earlier in the day we gathered at the local chapel to share memories, sing songs and remember her life.  We wanted to gather at her grave but due to an amazing amount of rain, the cemetery had been temporarily closed because there are no paved roads and they were worried about people being stuck.  It was nice.


No comments: