Friday, October 13, 2017

May 2017--part 2

May 2017 week two and mom got to go on a field trip with Matthew to this great little exotic animal camp called Sharkarosa.  It's usually a delightful place but this time they were being so rude and so poorly managed that the children didn't get to do all the things they'd wanted to.  So sad.  But I think the kids still had fun.



One of my least favorite things about schooling is those blasted standardized tests, currently known as STAAR tests here in Texas.  My children get all worked up and stressed out over them when truly it's testing the teachers to make sure they're doing their job.  But here's a healthy breakfast on STAAR test morning!


Wanting to take a moment and brag on this kid.  He's still developing a passion for reading and he and I worked really hard to finish this book, admitedly even making him late to school on the morning this photo was taken so we could finish it before it was due back to the library.  So proud of him, I think this is his FIRST chapter book.

But that's not all.  Last night while Lindsey practiced volleyball at a school, he and I went to play at the playground.  Within a few minutes he discovered a wallet, that was filled with $42 and no identification.  He immediately brought it to me and knew that it must be returned to it's owner.  So the next day while he was at school, I took it to the school and told the story to the front desk attendant who knew exactly who the wallet belonged to and she got on the phone with the father who had called her that morning .  I overheard her side of the conversation, "Yes sir, all $42 is still there."  They'd been praying they'd find the wallet.  And I was grateful to teach my guy that honesty really is the best policy--it felt good to do the right thing.

No comments: