Friday, October 13, 2017

Mother's Day and MCO Spring Concert

Mother's Day is always a rough one for me because it's a big reminder that I don't get to celebrate mine.  But I did make sure she was remembered with flowers to her grave.  And I try to focus on my family celebrating me.


So speaking of celebrating me, these 4 kids whipped up a fabulous breakfast for me on Mother's Day--wasn't sure if my kitchen would ever recover but they did great.  Lindsey made me this sweet tray in Activity Days that they served me food on.  I'm pretty sure Dad got the royal treatment too.  great kids!


After church we hurried to the Bennions to have a combination Mother's Day and Birthday celebration for Grandpa Carl.  We had yummy "Costa Vida" style burrito bowls/salads.  



And then it was so much fun they had a pinata for us too which was fun.  And of course, our kids decided that wearing the pinata after was a fabulous idea...funny kids.



 Happy Mother's Day to me with my sweet niece Elena who LOVED my necklace!

Our Spring MCO Concert was amazing--soul stirring and so wonderful.  It's hard to put into words what singing music with these people does for my soul, but it's for that reason that I keep singing with them.  We sang an amazing rendition of "Be Still my Soul" that was just heavenly.  So grateful to share this with my "book-ends".



No comments: