Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Ten Virgins, a musical parable



This weekend I dusted off my drama and vocal skills and performed in our Stake Productions of the 10 Virgins a parable by Emily Freeman. It was a musical production taking a few liberties to tell the stories of each of the 10 Virgins. I played Malka, a loyal and foolish virgin who didn't quite get the importance of her lamp. She thought it was too special and beautiful to actually use so she set it on display in her home. How true that is for some of us. I found a bit of myself in each of the foolish Virgins, what a lesson for me!!






It was a lot of work and time for such a busy mom but it was well worth it. The production was for a special stake Relief Society event and was very well received. It was so much fun for me to do, I miss performing and singing and the subject matter gave me such a lift to my soul. We've even been asked to do it again in a few weeks for the Young Women! The message of this production needed to be given to so many I'm just humbled to be a part of it!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I got this CD and book for Christmas. I've read the book and love listening to the CD. I too can find a little bit of myself in each of the virgins. Aaron even likes the songs. He likes to sing them to me in his "boy soprano" voice. What a fun activity! I am glad you enjoyed it.

The McGary Family said...

You look amazing, the costumes are beautiful! Did someone make them from the stake? I miss hearing you sing.