Monday, May 26, 2008

Fathers and Sons


The time has come!! "Sambo" is old enough to go off with Dad!

The annual Fathers and Sons outing was last weekend and "Chubbs" who just turned 2 got to go along with Dad. This was big exciting stuff at our house. I didn't start telling him too early but about Friday morning I started explaining that he was going to sleep in a tent in a sleeping bag with dad that night. He was excited to say the least. We got right up and packed is "Pack-pack" with his jammies and clothing for the morning. He was ready to go right then....Easy Turbo!

When Hubby got home he got the rest of the gear together and the two of them loaded up and headed out. He did GREAT! Obviously the youngest kid there, he was a hit!

That morning I get a call on my cell phone at about 7:00 with his little learning to talk voice, "Mom, I'm having fun!", I asked him if he slept in a tent. His response: " Daddy pillow, Dammy pillow, Dammy pillow, Daddy pillow..." I asked, are you sleeping next to each other? "Yeah".

He LOVED IT!

2 comments:

Jaime Rubio said...

How cute!!! I actually have not heard of anyone that young going on a camp out but how fun for him! I hope that all is well with you and I'll see you next month! Love you!

HunnyHull said...

I love him with that plaid backpack. So cute!!!