Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Enjoying Autumn

Early Autumn in North Texas is gorgeous. I haven't posted anything in a couple weeks because we've been enjoying the wonderful weather outside!! We've re-discovered a park near our home that has these ponds with ducks and awesome playground equiptment

I was really, really impressed with Kaitlyn on this. She's normally a bit hesitant to try new things but she wanted to try and climb this BIG ROCK. And I was nervous too that she would fall off it and get hurt. But instead of redirecting her to another activity (which was my instinct) and very consciously decided to bite my tongue and let her try something new that she initiated. And wouldn't you know, up she went!
Here she is high and proud! Her face said it all, she was BEAMING!!, and she kept going up and down all afternoon. Getting more and more confident everytime! Now she asks me everyday if we can go to the park with the BIG ROCK!!

Lindsey has discovered that she loves the swing. She'll sit there and wave at me and just smile as she swings back and forth. Sam even has tried to push her a bit but gets the rhythm off a bit. His favorite thing is counting the ducks swimming in the water and looking at them. He suprised me this week by noticing one smaller duck off by itself and he counted it, holding up one finger saying "one duck" and then running as fast as he could after the duck chasing it. It was funny!

So here's to enjoying one of the most beautiful times of the year!

No comments: