Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SURPRISE!!

At the beginning of December my brother Aaron called from CA and said that he'd been freed up from work and thought he and his family could fly in the day after Christmas to spend a week with us....but I couldn't tell anyone!!! Things evolved and eventually all my siblings knew what was up, but my parents had no idea---AARON TOTALLY GOT 'EM and it turned into a whirlwind 6 days with us spending a ton of time together.


I am so grateful for the sacrifice they made to travel the day after Christmas. It so happened that he was here on his 2??th Birthday, and it's been a long time since I'd celebrated a birthday with my brother! It was so nice to get to know Laura a bit more (I REALLY LIKE HER!!, isn't she Gorgeous!! Aaron chose well!).
We did so many fun things together (another post) and to see Sam and Grant really hit it off. Sam is the only boy on the McKneely side of the family and so for Sam to have a cousin who's a boy is HUGE, not to mention these two are only 6 weeks apart in age. They both LOVE Bob the Builder and Trains and Cars. They'd be in different ends of the house and one would yell, "Can we fix it? and the other would answer, "Yes we can!" Grant is not just Grant at our house but he has a title, it's "My cousin", so
"My cousin Grant" is famous in our house and Sam is already asking when we're going to see him again. Soon buddy, hopefully soon. Having us together made this Christmas so special for me, thanks again Aaron!

3 comments:

MomDadLewis said...

Yes. It was so great, wasn't it. The best Christmastime EVER!!!! A little bit of heaven, cuz we were ALL there!!!

michelle said...

I love surprises. How rad that the entire family was together.

Laura said...

It was a fun trip. Lets meet somewhere it the middle next time. Where do you wanna go?