Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Toothpaste and Poop!

I know you're probably wondering what in the world those two things have in common, (other than they both belong in the bathroom) well they are substances I've had to clean out of my carpet on consecutive days.

The first was the toothpaste. Sam, having a "nap" in my bedroom, found a bag of toiletries I was going to gift in stockings for Christmas and opened 2 brand new tubes and proceeded to WIPE them on the carpet. It had gotten rather QUIET in the room, I assumed he was sleeping until I heard something and went to check.....this is what I found!


My first clue was the overwhelming minty fresh smell, he emptied the equivalent of 1/2 a tube and boy did it make a lot of suds!! I have a few things to be thankful for though, one is that he didn't get into the bottles of shampoo in the same bag (talk about bubbles!!) and the other is that it was white toothpaste and not the bright blue that can be used sometimes. But now my carpet will never have a cavity!! HA!

Then a few days later, again at nap time, Sam was in his room (we decided that sleeping in Mom and Dad's room had WAY too many TEMPTATIONS), near as I can figure out I think he wanted to use the bathroom because he wanted to do #2, (we haven't started even trying to potty train, but will probably tackle that in the upcoming weeks). He came out and in trying to find me, didn't make it and pooped in the living room--right next to the Christmas tree. He then stepped in it on his way to continue his search for me. I saw the poop on his sock, put him into the tub and cleaned him off. I went to find his diaper, it was in his bed perfectly clean. "Where's the poop Sam?" He kept saying in the play room which was where I'd been and I knew it was not there. I asked him to show me and he brought me to the spot. Sure enough. Oh geez! I couldn't believe it. But some water, Hydrogen peroxide and Oxyclean did a great job.
I wonder what's next.

1 comment:

D said...

Gotta love the adventures of toddlers!