Saturday, March 14, 2009

Don't cry over spilled milk

You know how almost 3-year-olds don't always think before they act? Well we had an incident on Friday that was UNBELIEVABLE!!

Sam was thirsty. He was in the kitchen drinking from a tumbler cup that didn't have a plug in it. He's had a problem lately with playing with his beverages so we're keeping a lid on them but because he doesn't spill them, a plug isn't necessary...
or so I thought.

Kaitlyn is playing by herself in the middle of the playroom, I'm at the computer emailing or something and I hear Kaitlyn begin to
SHRIEK!! I glance over and see Sam pouring milk all over Kaitlyn's head and it's running down her hair onto the carpet.
I exclaim,
"Sam! What are you doing?!?!?" "Pouring milk on Kaitlyn's head." (matter of factly)

He got sent to time-out until his father got home from work (which ended up only being about 15 minutes) while I bathed Kaitlyn and mopped the carpet. She's inconsolable of course because she happened to be wearing a new shirt (for the second day in a row) that then needed washing.

I then called, Stephen to tell him that his son was ready and eager for him to come home......

2 comments:

Laura said...

We are going through the same thing right now....except Grant is not pouring beverages on peoples heads! He is pouring in all over himself and the floor BOYS!!

Karen said...

GRRR...I would be SO mad. Kaily has only done that once. I think I got so mad that she didn't do it again, I don't think I'll be so lucky when Conner gets to that age.