Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Dappy Huck and a Gappy Handpa!


When my father was in college he wanted to write and illustrate books for Children. In fact some of the dates my parents went on were to the BYU library reading children's books. My father even proposed to my mother in a book of stories for children. That being said, it's a hard industry and it just doesn't always pay the bills so a life in the Graphic Design industry was a bit more stable. But my father kept his dream.

Since living here in Texas my father has gotten this idea for a charming little series of childrens books where a wacky word wizard switches letters around in simple little stories to make a game out of reading. He found a publisher and TA-DA!!!! He's a published author.


I couldn't be more thrilled for my dad to see his "dream come true", what was even more the treat is that during General Conference weekend he brought his book to our home and I video taped him reading it to my children. Now I have a treasure! A piece of our family history of my father reading his "dream" to his grand children.

So keep a look out for "The Dappy Huck" available on www.amazon.com and at www.highergroundpress.com. Go and buy 20 copies!

3 comments:

Jennifer Blake said...

How fun!! Congrats to your Dad!

Herbert Family said...

That's so cool! Congrats to Bishop Lewis:-)

michelle said...

So rad. Go Uncle Don!