Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Resurrection Morning

At the temple the day before the temple president said that he thinks the word Easter has been too commercialized and so in order to help him remember the sacredness of what we're celebrating he prefers to call it RESURRECTION MORNING, so thus the title of my post.

BUNNY RUN BREAKFAST wasn't completely a BUST. It did DOWNPOUR the night before so we opted for an indoor hunt. For those of you new to the McKneely tradition, our Easter Bunny leaves breakfast (small cereal boxes, bananas, yogurts, milk and juice) along with his eggs and you search for your breakfast.

Then because we have 9:00 am church it was a bit of a scramble to get us out the door, but thankfully dad took a moment to snap a couple photos of our kiddos in their new church duds!


I can't get over my Lindsey in her piggy-tails and my girls in their matching dresses....

The DRESS Story: I totally scored! Lindsey's dress is a hand-me-down from Kaitlyn. A couple years ago I spotted an almost identical dress in a second hand store that still had the tags on so I snatched it and have been pestered by KP ever since to wear it. But I saved it for this very occasion!

And of course Sam has his very first TIE! He desperately wanted one with sports balls on it but we found this car one and he's equally in love with cars so we got the tie and the matching socks and a white shirt so he can "look like daddy!"

Gosh I love these guys!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love those dresses! So cute. I like your tradition too, hope you don't mind if I steel it next year.

Unknown said...

I can't believe how much bigger they all look since Christmas...then again I can't believe how much bigger I look since Christmas. But Sam is dashing in his tie, and I love your breakfast/egg hunt idea. I think I'll steal it.