Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flooring Woahs!


So, let me just let the cat out of the bag if you don't already know.....the McKneely's are trying to move this summer. (GASP!!!)

I know, but we're thinking that 1800 square feet is feeling a bit snug and there are lots of bigger homes just sitting on the market in our area and the interest rates are so low......we're gonna make a move before Kaitlyn starts school in the fall.

So in all that comes the "fixing up your house to be nicer than you've ever had it so that someone else can enjoy it".

In that phase we knew we had a few of our ceramic tiles that had unsealed from the cement under them and needed to be re-cemented. Stephen's pretty handy and so we thought it would be pretty easy to take a day off from work and fix the tile. WE WERE WRONG. In lifting up a tile or two, the ones around it would unseal (pop, pop, pop) and then a few more (pop, pop, pop) and a few more. Before we knew it Stephen had pulled up 60 tiles and while breaking to eat dinner--because all that work had taken all day, the REST OF OUR FLOOR went (POP!!!) Sigh, have to replace the whole floor.(Lindsey thought I was taking her picture, silly girl!)

Because I hated living with my floors like this.....sand and rough cement, it was my challenge to find someone to do the work PRONTO!!!. A few months back I'd gotten an estimate to continue the tile where we only had linoleum and I called him. He wasn't available for a MONTH but his two brothers were and they were able to come a few days later.

It drove me a bit crazy last week to have my whole house turned upside down, having to keep track of which doors we could go in and out of, which floors were drying and curing. But we went ahead and did the ceramic throughout and I am glad we did it. They look gorgeous and I am so thankful to Elmer, Tommy and Roger for working so hard!! Gracias!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

WOW! That's so frustrating! I hate it when t hings seem simple until you get in there and start wking on it and you soon realize you bit off more than you can chew.

Laura said...

I want to see the finished product!

Dave said...

Looks good! We will be sad if you move out of the ward!