Wednesday, August 12, 2009

STAY-cation part 3

So we had yet another Dinner party on FRIDAY night too-this time with Aunt Rachel and her boyfriend Nick, Laura's dad came again and we ate AMAZING HOMEMADE PIZZA!! I know our group ate 4 larges, but I am still craving some and can't wait to make more.

Friday didn't get any photos taken, we played at the pool--Sam had a scare when he fell through a tube and wasn't wearing his floaties, but he's recovered.

SATURDAY also was another day of water fun but this time at NRH2O! We'd never been to a water park with the kids. Stephen was busy helping some people at church move and my options were either to stay at home with the kids or go with the whole McKneely clan (yup, even Grandma, Grandpa, Joey and Sarah were going--along with Uncle Doug, Aunt Debbie, Mary and Katie!!) to have some fun.

I was really busy keeping track of my kiddos so I didn't take the opportunity to snap some pictures, but my mother-in-law did and I will try and snag some of hers to put HERE.

I was surprised at how well my kids did. They were amazing at trying new things. Sam and KP did and loved the water slides, trying the smallest then going to the next biggest, then the next--so long as they went with an adult. At one point Sam pointed up to the sky at the largest one that is typically only for adults and said he wanted to do that one next!! KP LOVED the wave pool and felt very confident once she had a life jacket on. Lindsey's just a fish so she loved all of it as well. And I am so incredibly grateful for all the cousins that volunteered and happily followed my kids around the park letting them have the fun--it's so selfless of them and a HUGE help to me.


We left shortly after lunch so we could get in good naps because our Day wasn't over!!! We had purchased a great deal of Family Pack Tickets to see the FRISCO ROUGHRIDERS (minor league baseball) that night for the 7:00 game. I need to brag on this deal just a bit. $30 for 4 tickets to the game, 4 baseball hats, and 4 certificates to eat at McDonalds--DEAL right?

Our kids LOVED the baseball game. They had "fun crazy stuff" (KP's words) after each inning that was as entertaining to them as the game, and they learned some of the rules of the game. Lindsey loved dancing to the music in the isle and she shrieked with pure pleasure whenever this big bird looking masco came onto the field. Kaitlyn loved learning what to shout and when (CHARGE!!) and when to clap. Sam liked watching the baseball men hit and catch!

Being Silly
Being as normal as can be expected!

We'll do this again for sure! All in all, our stay-cation was a HUGE sucess. So glad for all the fun memories!!

1 comment:

Jaime Rubio said...

I don't blame you guys for doing a stay-cation! Looks like you had fun and a semi-professional ball game I heard a great time!!! Fun pics!