Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I ran another 5K

Because this blog is part of our family's history I just wanted to document that I ran another 5K race. The Allen Eagle Run was on March 5th. It was super cold that morning and so my time wasn't any better than it was in December even though it could have been.

It happened to fall on the same Saturday as the first week of soccer games and of course it was at the SAME TIME as Kaitlyn's FIRST ever soccer game. I felt awful about missing it.

But I had talked my mom into doing the 5K with me. She walked it along with my dad and I ran it and when I finished I walked back to find them and finished the race with them.

I'm new to this whole running thing and have really found it to be wonderful, and therapeutic and something I'm really proud of. I wanted my mom to find it equally fulfilling, I really don't think she has but I'm so proud of her for finishing it!

No comments: