Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I've become a soccer MOM!

And I drive the mini van to prove it!!

Things are REALLY crazy busy at our house. One of the biggest reasons is due to SOCCER!

Both Kaitlyn AND Samuel have begun playing (And I'm ashamed that I still have not taken any photos of Kaitlyn playing--BAD MOMMY, BAD MOMMY!) and for a few weeks I was in limbo trying to adjust to the way their weekly practices changed our family routine. I soon realized that dinner had to be earlier on the nights that they practiced (Tuesdays and Thursdays) and since those were normally "bath nights" we had to find different nights for baths AND be completely ready for bed before their 6:00 practice times because when we all get home from a practice it's time for bed.

This is further compounded as Stephen has a new assignment at church working with the 12 and 13 year old boys as a scoutmaster and he's gone on Wednesdays so our weeks look like this:
Mondays: FHE
Tuesdays: KP Soccer
Wednesdays: Stephen scouts
Thursdays: Sam Soccer
Friday: Date night
But I do have to say that having done this for a few weeks, this has been really nice for our family because while one child has practice it has allowed our other children to play outside and just run around and they LOVE IT!

No comments: