Friday, September 28, 2012

My BOYZ

I am so proud of my boys!

First let's talk about Sam.  He's having a GREAT year at school.  He has such a positive attitude and is always telling me about how he's being a good friend to those around him.  Well this morning he was recognized by his teacher at a "Rise and Shine" school assembly and named a "Marvelous Maverick".  I loved how his teacher entitled the memo in her email telling me of this award "Your sweet boy" because he IS sweet and I'm glad she's seen that in him.  Our being there for the assembly is supposed to be a surprise so Stephen went in late to work and we all walked together to the school and let K & Sam walk in then we lagged behind.  Kaitlyn saw us signing in and caught on quickly that we were there for the assembly.  She ran down the hall to tell her teacher she'd be a bit late to class so she could watch Sam get his award, then when she arrived in the cafeteria she took Lindsey and they sat together in the middle with the students--Sam didn't see any of us so he was really surprised!  When they read his name he was SO HAPPY, that kid can just have the brightest face, he truly wears his emotions on his face if you know what to watch for.  And I was also touched to see him see his sisters on his way to the front and he gave Kaitlyn a hug and kiss--(May my children always love each other!) I adore him!!  What was really cool was that there were 6 other friends from church who were also chosen by their teachers to be Marvelous Mavs!  Way to go Sam!  I emailed his teacher later thanking her for recognizing him, she said he deserved it.  Her note read "Sam is a Marvelous Maverick because he has a respectful attitude in all he does."
Then my other boy......IS POTTY TRAINING!  (Gasp)--he turned 2 1/2 this week which is super early for boys but he's been showing signs of being ready and since I have him alone for a bit during the week while Lindsey is in preschool I thought I'd give it a shot.  He's taking to it a lot better than I imagined.  Sure this is going to take some time but he is really doing well.  Such a big boy!  I have had at least one kid in diapers for 9 years, most of that time I've had 2 in diapers and for a few weeks I even had 3 in diapers.  To be a diaper free home is something I am pretty stoked about.  I keep telling Stephen that it's time to go on a lavish vacation to Disney World because we don't nap and we don't need to carry diapers (and possibly not even need a stroller!)  How awesome is that!?!?

No comments: