Thursday, August 15, 2013

It's been a summer for reading!

I will raise readers, it's really super important to me.

I love to read to my older two after the younger two are in bed and this summer we're working on Harry Potter #3.  We started #1 back in December while on our Utah Christmas in the snow and we're working our way through them, they're WONDERFUL!

Lindsey and I are doing reading lessons and things are really clicking for her and she's doing so well!

Sam can get lost in a book like no other kid I know, almost to an unhealthy level.  I send him outside to play and I will find him laying on the ground under the trees in the front engrossed in a book.....

I love it when Kaitlyn reads to Matthew.  He has memorized "The Little Mouse, the Hungry Bear, and the Red Ripe Strawberry" and he quotes it in his "scary voice"!  He also loves these books called "I'm Mighty" and "I'm Fast".

Kaitlyn is really enamored with the American Girl series and she's been reading the Felicity series in preparation for our Boston trip next Spring and all the US History we'll be learning.

But something that has been one of my MOST FAVORITE things we've done this summer is helping to organize a book club for a group of boys going into 2nd grade.  We've read 5 books and met every 2 weeks to review a book with activities and it's been so GREAT.  The mom I work with is an overachiever and when we reviewed Mr. Poppers Penguins, she even found a penguin costume to wear!  Crazy fun!

No comments: