Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Summer ends....

Sniff sniff.  Summer is coming to an end.  Wanna know how I know?  We have to make these....
 
Because we got some letters in the mail telling us who our teachers are going to be.  And then these teachers get all dressed up in grade themes and create a parade through our neighborhood.  Here we are sitting and waiting...
We are all really thrilled with our teacher choices this year (momma and most of the kids prayed quite a bit for good teachers).

Kaitlyn has Mrs. Berry.  She has a daughter who was in 2nd grade with Kaitlyn, and Mrs. Berry was her switch teacher last year for math and science so she's familiar--which is good for Kaitlyn.

 

Sam got Mrs. Lee, who taught Kaitlyn in 2nd grade so we are THRILLED, we LOVE her, she's AWESOME!  I think our whole street must have heard our cheering when he opened his letter...
 
And Lindsey got Mrs. McIntyre who is new to us but she's a member of our church and we know her sister.  She seems like she will be just fine.  Lindsey is not a kid I'm worried about with school.  She's READY!

*     *     *     *     *
So the first day of school came and here is my crew...Kaitlyn in 4th grade, Sam in 2nd grade and Lindsey is our big Kindergartener!!
 
and their individual shots:

Kaitlyn complete with her new messenger style bag, she feels so grown up!
 
Sam was all smiles,
And Lindsey was so eager, she practically bounced into her classroom and was a quick, bye mom.  We dropped her off first and I had 2 other kids to get settled so I left her.  Not a tear, no hesitation, she's fine!  And then after I got the other 2 settled I came back around just to peek in.  She saw me and gave me a happy wave.  She's so big all of a sudden (at least to me).


No comments: