Friday, March 21, 2014

January 2014 Fun!

A month in a post.....

HAPPY 2014!!
New Years Day found us at the Connemara Meadow Conservancy with our friends Bob and Penny Mione.  We enjoyed a picnic lunch, nice walk and Bob showed us his really cool sling shot, we found cool leaves, and enjoyed standing in 2 cities at once (Plano and Allen)



 JESUS WANTS ME FOR A SUNBEAM
And here are the cute kids on their first week at church of the year where I officially have no more kids in Nursery, Matthew is now a SUNBEAM!  Here he is in his special "What does the fox say" jacket.  It's actually a jacket that belonged to Stephen when he was young, Matthew loves it because he really loves that song "What does the Fox Say" and the brassy buttons have foxes on them!

SERVICE CAN BE FUN!
 I'm always looking for ways to get my kids to do service.  It is so easy for them to feel like the world revolves around them so to get them to think outside themselves and about others, it's a win win in my book.  So something that I've found that works GREAT is that each Friday, usually as Matthew and I are rounding the corner to our street after walking the kids, our garbage man is just finishing picking up our trash.  So Matthew and I have started rolling up our neighbor's trash cans.  He really likes it sometimes, and here is a time when the stocking cap he was wearing made his hair look funny! =)



PRESIDENTS DAY
I love an outing with my kids!  We also loved a beautiful day of from school for Presidents Day and went to the Perot Museum of Nature and Science. I love taking my kids places and doing fun things like this, most of the time they're well behaved and that makes us able to do lots of fun things like this....

HEARD MUSEUM
 Matthew is part of this preschool co-op.  This month we studied Dinosaurs and took the opportunity to see the Dinosaur exhibit at the Heard Museum, here is a shot of all the kids, it was quite the crew and a fun day!

No comments: