Tuesday, March 18, 2014

They fill my home with music!

My older 2 children play the piano.  I LOVE that they do.  It's one of the "good mom" things I'm proud of.  I think that a person who can read music is calmer, smarter, and has a gift given to them that can be used to make the world a better place.

The piano comes naturally to Kaitlyn.  She plays well, has an ear for when things are not right, has far passed me in my abilities, and uses the piano as something to calm her when she's worked up.  She even plays prelude for Primary once a week so she's started adding church songs to her repertoire.  I think music will be a big part of her building her testimony of the Savior.

Sam, not so much, but he is determined and works hard and knows that it will be of benefit to him in the future to know how to play so he sticks with it.  I love this about his personality, he's so duty driven.  What a bright future he has.

They both played in their Christmas Recital and they did well.  Sam had decided to switch songs at the last minute but then froze and probably didn't do as well as he would have hoped, but experiences like this build character and I was proud of him for finishing and not giving up!

It was also a fun night because right after was the church Christmas party, and we had some of our neighbor friends stay and eat with us!  It's so fun when our neighbor circle and our church circle come together!

No comments: