Thursday, December 10, 2015

Matthew turns 5

This guy turned 5 on March 25th.  He's such a joy.  Happy 99% of the time, always down for fun, full of energy, and I can't imagine my family without him in it.

Grandpa Lewis took him for Donuts at Max's Donuts.  This was somber for me because this is what my parents used to do together.  I somehow heard the theme song from my mom's favorite musical "Fiddler on the Roof", "Traditions!" and I thought about her and cried for her as I went for a good run.  I miss her so much.





Later I met him at school to have lunch with him.  He's been all about the Legos so he wanted brownies to be made to look like legos.....In fact a few weeks later, he had a friend birthday party based on the lego theme.  We had pin the tail on the lego man, we built cars and raced them down the slide outside (thankful for fabulous weather), and he had a wonderful time!

No comments: