Thursday, December 10, 2015

SNOW!!

Snow is a BIG DEAL in Texas.  We usually get one snow storm a year, often it's an ice storm which shuts everything down because it doesn't happen often enough to justify the investment of our cities to have the equipment to clear roads etc.

We had some snow this year and as always, it was magical!  I was especially grateful to Sam's 3rd grade teacher who took the opportunity to let her children spontaneously play in it when it happened--letting children be children. LOVE IT!



And then when school is cancelled my children spend ALL DAY outside.  The dryer is running constantly drying off gloves, socks, fleece pants, and other clothing as they come in to change out for dry ones.  We drink a gallon of hot cocoa and its one of my favorite times being a mom.  I'm so glad I am blessed to stay home with them so when these days come, we can enjoy them.  Here is how my children appreciate snow days....
And....
Sam is a home-body.  He preferred to lay around in his pajamas and read, he would do that ALL THE TIME if I'd let him.

We even convinced Dad to stay home too....

No comments: