Thursday, March 17, 2016

Mare and Randall

One of my best friends from college, my room-roommate Marianne Harris and her husband have been considering a move here to Dallas.  Randall is a pilot for Virgin American Airlines and since they have a hub at Dallas Love Field, and since housing is affordable here in Dallas.

We've had very full days looking at way too many houses, it's definitely a sellers market in Dallas right now and you have to work FAST to secure a house.  It's been a bit stressful.  But I've been so thrilled to be with Marianne again.

It has been nearly 15 years since I've seen "My Mare" and not only does she still love me, but she and Randall have fallen in love with my children.  I can't wait for them to move here.


When they're here, they stay in our guest room.  That same guest room is our "Lego room" when we don't have guests.  On a return visit, my children built them a message of "hello".  When Mare and Randall had to catch an early flight home, we found this fun message in the guest room after they left.

I am blessed with great friends. A couple of them have been staying with me for a few days and not only do they still love me, they've fallen in love with my children. When they stay, they stay in the guest room which, when we don't have guests, is also known as the "Lego room" because it's where we store and play with Legos. My sweet kids welcomed them with a "Hello" made out of Legos. When my friends had to leave super early this morning before they had a chance to say goodbye, my clever and thoughtful friends made them this note. They are the BEST! 

No comments: