Sunday, May 24, 2009

Kaitlyn's "Big Performance"

Kaitlyn's school year is coming to a close. This means we attend the end of the year musical show.

This year it was a 50s theme and the kids were to wear white shirts and black pants. She wanted her hair in pig tails. So cute! Her class recited a poem, complete with hand gestures, it was precious!!:

Dig a little hole,
plant a little seed,
pour a little water,
pull a little weed,
catch a little little bug (hi-ho there it goes),
give a little sunshine,
grow a little rose.

Then they sang a song, "There's something in my shoe" and for the 50's finale they danced to Yakity Yack! Don't talk back.

Kaitlyn really impressed me with remembering all the dance moves. I totally love her school, it has been such a good place for her. So much more nurturing and personal that I imagine public school kindergarten will be next year. But she's ready!! now if only I can make it through this summer......

No comments: