Sunday, May 24, 2009

Our First Family Pet

I know what you're thinking....that I've totally lost my marbles choosing this time in our life to get a pet, but I can explain.

A few weeks ago we discovered that it's rolly polley bug season. They were everywhere outside and when we went on our many walks we loved seeing and playing with these cute little bugs. There was an afternoon when Kaitlyn became so enamored with one of these little bugs on our driveway that she asked if she could take it inside to be her pet. I told her that Rolley polley bugs don't belong in houses, they live outside with their families. That worked.

So imagine her delight when yesterday morning we found a rolley polley bug in our house on the tile. She immediately claimed it her pet and spent the better part of the morning playing with it and then, she even built it a house out of lego blocks!

No comments: