Thursday, April 15, 2010

Mascara Mess

It's Sam's birthday.
He's requested Spaghetti and Meatballs from scratch for dinner,
and I'm making a cake.
It's crunch time to get the meatballs in the sauce to cook in time to eat.

I THINK all 3 of my walking children (Matt can't yet) are in the backyard playing on the swingset.

Kaitlyn and Sam come in for a drink and I ask them where Lindsey is. "She's not outside with us, Mom." says Kaitlyn. Uh-oh, the house has been SILENT--that scary kind of silent when you know that she's been up to no good. My hands are a raw meaty mess so I send Kaitlyn to try and locate said missing mischievious missy. She finds her alright, in my MASCARA.

When I walk in she's discovered that the wand fits perfectly into this cable outlet:and her face looks like this:(She wasn't too thrilled with posing for a photo)

and my makeup looked like this on my bathroom counter:
Her timing couldn't have been worse as she now needed a bath and because she does belly flops in the tub when unsupervised, I still needed to finish the meatballs AND ice a cake all before Matthew woke up needing to nurse.

Oh the joys of motherhood!

(At least I thought to take the photos so that someday I can shake my head and laugh at my life!)

1 comment:

The McGary Family said...

LOL!! Is it sad that I laughed?
Only because I've been there a few times. My Katie used a permanent marker all over the walls and her legs, I used 409 and comet to scrub her legs sort-of clean and just repainted the wall. Meg used lipstick all over the shower stall and toilet seat (eww), thankfully it was easy to clean and I threw away the lipstick.