Saturday, April 3, 2010

Meeting the Family

Obviously the first phone call we made when the baby was born was to our kids. My mom had just returned from picking Kaitlyn up from school, Stephen asked my mom to put it on speaker phone and said, "Mom had the baby guys....and Sam, you have a brother!!" They were so excited!! Plans began immediately for my Dad to come over and all of them to come up to the hospital and meet little Matthew. We wanted to be together as a family as soon as we could!=)
They finally got me transferred to my postpartum room and they came in. There was the sweetest spirit that filled that room as Sam and Kaitlyn gently came over to see little Matthew. They spoke in reverent voices almost as they talked to him and introduced themselves and each took turns holding him, patting his head and stroking his cheeks. I was so grateful for their eagerness to be with him and to love him. And I hope I always remember this image!
Lindsey knew it was a baby but wasn't so sure what to do with him. She was more comfortable sitting with me!=) But one by one, each of my children took turns holding their new brother!

No comments: