Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My kids can be brilliant!

2 Stories to share:

1. We like to practice helping Kaitlyn and Sam learn their numbers by identifying the yellow school bus numbers on our way to and from school. Sam is learning numbers up to 20 and Kaitlyn up to 100. So imagine my surprise when on Monday Lindsey hollars out "18 mom!" and sure enough the bus in front of us was indeed number 18! I would think it was just a fluke but she saw the same bus the next morning and identified it again!!

2. Sam is quite the rhymer, (developmentally appropriate for his age) but he's taken it to a level I've never seen and rhymes ALL THE TIME sometimes to excess! Well on Sunday night Kaitlyn was emptying out the dishwasher and asks, "What rhymes with spatula?", Sam in an instant replies, "Red-footed Batula!" . I swear this kid is the next Dr. Seuss!

No comments: