Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!!

My "baby" has turned 7!

What a fun day it was for her!! I found someone to watch my younger 2 kids and dashed off to my friend Dee Dee's cake shop for a special cupcake and then to Chick-fil-a for a lunch treat. The manager at Chick-fil-a found out it was your birthday and then sent me to her school with a new stuffed cow with a fireman suit on. Then, because it was her birthday I arranged to stay a bit after lunch and read a story to her class. Her latest favorite book is lately is this really cute story called "Stephanies Ponytail". And of course I donned my hair in a funny looking ponytail just for the occasion. The kids REALLY enjoyed it!

Then later that evening we got talked into having a "simple" birthday celebration with a few friends. We decided to take advantage of the new "movie room" we have upstairs and got a Strawberry Shortcake movie to watch. We ate pizza for dinner, colored a strawberry shortcake picture, and had what else--strawberry shortcakes for dessert. It was fun!

Kaitlyn has had a full year, she's lost a bunch of teeth, learned how to ride her bike without training wheels has started taking piano lessons and is playing soccer. She is bright and loves to read. She loves school and loves to play with her siblings. She is passionate and emotional and a total girl. She stretches me to be a better mom and to develop patience. I am so grateful for who I am because she is in my life! I love you Kaitlyn!! Happy Birthday my sweetheart!

No comments: