Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I feel loved....

Earlier this month I had to have surgery to repair a hernia. I discovered it sometime after giving birth to Lindsey and was planning on getting it taken care of prior to getting pregnant again because I was worried about putting stress on my body while being pregnant again, well I wound up pregnant a little faster than we expected so the surgery had to wait until after Matthew came along. And wouldn't you know, a little tender mercy that I didn't have a single flareup my whole pregnancy. Such to the point that I thought it had repaired itself, but it hadn't and after having Matthew I realized it was still there and I was having pain more often. So off to the doctor I went and surgery was scheduled.

The hardest part was the recovery, no lifting anything over 15 pounds for 2 weeks. That included a really cute one year old named Matthew who throughout my day needs to be lifted in and out of his crib, car seat and high chair. So that equated to me not being able to be alone with my kids and needing a lot of help.

But my family and friends came though for me, my mother in law came down and spent a whole week of my recovery and just picked up where I left off and kept my house running, she cooked up a storm and spent lots of quality time with my children, I can't thank her enough for her help, I love her so much and am so grateful she's in my life.

The other part that was just providence really was the disaster in Japan brought my SIL Summer and her daughter Ellie back to the states for a visit and just 2 days after my MIL left, they came to stay with me for the duration of my recovery. Summer was a lot of help and really fun to spend time with.

But that wasn't all the help I got, many friends as well jumped in and helped with meals, watching my kids for a morning or afternoon and just checking on me to make sure I was okay. Thanks everyone, I feel LOVED!

No comments: